This hard-core romance is a fast and addictive read. For the most part, I couldn’t wait to find out what happens; it kept me on my toes. It has all the typical parts of a romance: a damaged alpha male, an independent heroine with a secret back story, some seriously hot sex scenes, and a devastating crisis that changes everything, but they are done in such a way that I couldn’t put it down. This is not like other romance stories.
Wyatt, nicknamed Casper, is the prince to Crown Industries and wants nothing more than to race anything with wheels and chase the constant high of kinky sex, but he’s more than just a playboy. He has deep-seated personal issues that make him intriguing and loveable. Being well-written, I was easily able to connect with him, unlike so many other male leads who are aloof or overly-cocky. Wyatt is fully involved when it comes to Circe, his family, and his racing. His tender side males him a guy you want to know.
Circe is a woman of mystery. Her past is barely alluded to, but you know it’s something deep and traumatic. She is just as easy to love as Wyatt. Instead of being a heroine who prostrates herself at his super-star feet, she makes him work for her attention, but also prepares herself to be just another notch in the bedpost without expecting anything more. Already believing that she’ll fade away from his attentions, she is surprised when he doesn’t want to let her go. She tells him that she is no one’s dirty moment and she proves to be right, as he is hooked and she returns the affection.
There are other side characters that make the story what it is. Without China, Wyatt’s sister, the story would have been flat, but China adds a perfect amount of sweet and innocent to the story. She’s young and still inexperienced in many ways, but she’s a vital part of Casper’s life and how he gets by. Wyatt’s mother, Marca, is a piece of work. She’s hard to relate to and most of the time I wondered why she even had children, as it seems that all she does is fight with them. Circe’s best friend, Carli, is a riot. She provides a good portion of the humor that is so abundant in the beginning and provides another stellar Carli moment later on that hints towards more of her in the future. I wish there had been more Carli in this book, but I get the feeling that she’s going to be sticking around.
The story is a fantastic tale of boy meets girl, boy falls in love, girl falls in love, and tragedy helps bring them together. It is an emotional read, as the author portrays the extreme highs and lows of being bipolar. She does a wonderful job at giving the reader an accurate glimpse at how life altering this disease can be, especially when those individuals go without medication, as many bipolar people tend to do. This leads to a lot of family drama that most readers probably cannot relate to, but will be astounded and drawn in by. Being from a bipolar family, I was stunned by how well it was done and how honest the emotions were. Some scenes between Wyatt and Marca were hard to read, due to this fact. I felt sad and angry at the same time, because they were so intense, but that’s how bipolar people can be.
Loving everything by Kerri Ann, it was easy to fall for these characters, too. Even though the book is very fast, I found myself completely immersed in these people. It would have been nice to see a little more of the development of the relationship between Wyatt and Circe. They text for many weeks and they fall in love, but most of it is off scene and more alluded to then actually written. A good deal of the book they spend apart, but when they are together, they fit seamlessly. The sex was hot and is chock full of dirty details. So, prepare yourself for some highly erotic love scenes. They are graphic, but titillating and I did not skip them, like I do in many other books.
For the rating:
- Genre and general reading age – romance and definitely for mature readers.
- Level of sexuality – very high. This book is far from overflowing with sex, but it is extremely detailed. Be ready for some steamy love scenes that might make you blush.
- Is there graphic language? You betcha. You can’t have an adrenaline junkie hero without a good dose of swearing. Refreshingly, even Circe swore and she’s far from a damsel in distress.
- Is it part of a series? Yes, it is book one. It leaves you with a huge cliffhanger and I’m already anxious to read what happens next. This is one series I’ll be keeping a close eye on.
- Did I laugh? Many times. Both main characters are highly entertaining, but Circe is extremely fun to read. Her best friend gIves the book the much-needed levity it needs, since it has so much heavy emotion to go with it.
- Level of character development – I found them to be consistent and enticing. There is obvious personal growth for Wyatt that is wonderful to read and Circe is a damaged woman, but she is an enormous strength that holds them together.
I loved this book. When it comes to reviewing romance, I’m hard to please. Too many stories are cookie-cutter, but Crashed is unique. From humorous start to jaw-dropping ending, I was sucked in. This book more than deserves its ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ stars. I highly recommend this quick and exciting read for all romance readers who are looking for new characters to fall in love with. I know I fell in love with them.