2017 Book Award Contest is Now Open
Earning a book award gives you clout and credibility!
Are you ready for the chance to be an award-winning author?
Everyone who enters recieves:
- A 250-350 word critique/review of your book, which you can use/post wherever you like simply by adding “Originally critiqued by a member of the Authors Talk About It team.”
- You just never know where your ATAI contest critique will get used or who will see it. Check this out from a newspaper article in Ohio:
Those earning 3-5 Stars in their critique review receive:
- Promotion across all of ATAI social media platforms
- Featured blog post on ATAI, Authors Village, Readers Village, Download This Book
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+
- Digital Badge for 4-5 stars
Those earning less than 3 Stars in their critique:
- Critique with helpful feedback is not posted in a featured post, but emailed directly to author/email used to enter.
Who/what can enter:
- Authors 18 years of age or older
- Published and unpublished books, manuscripts and ebooks are accepted
- Books in the following categories:
- General Fiction
- Romance (Erotica is currently not accepted. Spicy and steamy? Yes, but nothing explicit.)
- General Children
- Young Adult Fiction
Can you enter more than one category with the same book?
Yes. You’ll receive one review critique, but you’ll be entered in more than one category. You can enter up to three with the same book. Simply select the correct choice when paying. Additional categories are $10 each.
Grand Pize – $3997 value
- Author VIP Day with Rob and Janelle (virtually or in-person)
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ throughout 2018
- Featured on homepage throughout 2018
- Featured on sidebar through all of 2018
- Extra blog posts via blogs as Grand Prize Winner
- HeadTalker created to promote Grand Prize Winner
- Announced during award ceremony via video
- Pocast interview as Grand Prize Winner 2017
- Badge as ATAI Book Award Contest Grand Prize Winner 2017
- Finalist invitation into private mastermind
Category 1st Prizes – $1697 value
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ for 3 months
- Extra blog posts via blogs as winner
- HeadTalker created to promote winner
- Featured on sidebar through January 2008
- Listed on winners page as ATAI Book Award Contest 1st Place Winner
- Badge as ATAI Book Award Contest 1st Place Winner
- Announced during ceremony via video
- Finalist invitation into private mastermind
You get to shout out that you’re an award winner during interviews or other speaking engagements, too! See an interview from 2016 Sci-Fi winner Josh Harding mentioning his award – Click here
ALL Finalists receive – $997 value
- Invitation into private mastermind for 12 months
- Monthly live calls – ability to participate
- FREE monthly trainings shared online
Submissions Deadline: September 30, 2017
Finalists announced: October 15, 2017
Winners announced: November 1, 2017
**Finalists and winners are notified via the email they entered with as well as in a featured FB live video.
How to submit your book
(If for any reason you can’t get Paypal to open, send an email to AuthorsTalkAboutIt.com or message us via our Facebook page and we’ll connect with you to take your card number directly.) Upon payment you’ll be taken to a page that tells you how to submit your book. It will need to be in a digital format – pdf, doc, docx, or sent as an Amazon gift.
Reviews and Judging
Books are assigned to an Authors Talk About It team member and the review and area ratings and overall number of stars will be emailed to the author (or representative) within 4-6 weeks after submission. Ratings range from 2-5 stars. Anything less than 3 stars is written as a critique with helpful comments as well as pointing out the positives of the book. Though we do not give 1 star ratings, the reviews are honest and when necessary, are meant to offer constructive criticism.
Star ratings are based on the following areas:
- Appearance – cover, chapter headings, images/illustrations, etc.
- Plot/Concept – consistent tone, clear theme, etc.
- Development – realism, smooth progression, organization, pacing, etc.
- Description of Scenes of Concepts – vividness, smooth transitions, scene structure, etc.
- Grammar/Typos – well-written or numerous errors
- Target Fit – good fit for the target audience
- Overall – an average of the above 6 areas
The staff of Authors Talk About It will select three finalists for each category. They will then make a final decision on winners after comparing the ratings in the six main areas and the overall ratings. *If, for any reason, there is only one entry in a category, that does not guarantee a first place win. The author must earn his/her win by writing a high quality book. All rating areas are looked at before a decision is made.
What are you waiting for? Enter NOW!
Good Luck we and our reviewers look forward to reading your books!
**If you have an indepth beta read/critique done by the Authors Talk About It team, you may still enter your book into the contest. However, if you’ve already entered it into a particular contest, you must wait until the following year to resubmit it to that contest. On the other hand, you may enter it into a genre specific contest (or the overall contest if you have not done so yet).